Thursday 4 February 2016

A Few Things About Rhythmic Gymnastics and I



Here's a bit of a Q and A thing. I haven't been doing rhythmic gymnastics my whole life or anything drastic like that but...

I do it recreationally currently.

How many hours of rhythmic gymnastics do I do every week? One and a half.

How many hours of dance did I used to do every week? In 2006, half an hour. In 2009, three quarters of an hour. In 2012, three quarters of an hour. In 2013, one and a half hours. In 2014, one and a quarter of an hour. In 2015, two hours and a quarter of an hour.

What's my favourite rhythmic gymnastics apparatus? It'd have to be ball. But not too far behind would be hoop.

Who's my favourite elite rhythmic gymnast? Danielle Prince because she is so far (that I know of) the oldest to start at rhythmic gymnastics but still get to world level. As she started RG when she was 11 years old. She'll also most likely be the wild card entry for Australia for the 2016 Olympics.

Have I done a dance competition before? Technically I did one last year for school.

Have I done a rhythmic gymnastics competition before? No, I don't for a few reasons actually. The first one being that my gym doesn't do competitions for RG. And the second reason being, that I've only been a rhythmic gymnast since October 2015.

What level am I in rhythmic gymnastics? Level two unfortunately. If I was six or seven years old I'd be doing competitions but I'm thirteen. People my age are going to the Youth Olympics. I'm pretty sure the average level for a thirteen year old in RG is around six or seven.

Speed round:
  • Can I do a backbend? No.
  • Can I do right splits? Yes.
  • Can I do left splits? No.
  • Can I do middle splits? Yes.
  • Can I do a cartwheel? Yes.
  • Can I do a handstand? No.
  • Can I do a front walkover? No.
  • Can I do a back walkover? No.

- Colour Fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment